- -25%Gladiolus Botanic Nanus MixtureRef: 100435815 in pkgEm stock€3,71 €4,95
- -10%Gladiolus Large-Flowering CollectionRef: 100436420 in pkgEm stock€5,36 €5,95
- -25%Gladiolus MurielaeRef: 100400410 in pkgEm stock€2,21 €2,95
- -25%Gladiolus WINE AND ROSESRef: 100416110 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Black StarRef: 1004037810 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Conca D'oreRef: 1004037510 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Ding a DongRef: 1004036910 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Dolce VitaRef: 1004037310 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus LimoncelloRef: 1004036810 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus MagmaRef: 1004037210 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus MediteranneeRef: 1004037410 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Orange SaborRef: 1004037010 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus TritonRef: 1004037910 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus Velvet EyesRef: 1004037110 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
- -25%Gladiolus VueltaRef: 1004037610 in pkgEm stock€2,96 €3,95
What’s in for your summer bouquet? It has to be gladiolus flower cuts that have incredibly beautiful flowers. They have different colours you can have, and you can choose to mix them for a more striking presentation.
Gladioli are perennial cormous plants that are native to South Africa, Asia, tropical Africa, and Mediterranean Europe. These plants have a sword-like shape of their leaves and produce large flowers. They can bloom up to 12 times. Some of the most common types of gladiolus flower plants include:
This is a miniature type of gladiolus plant. It has a 2 feet height and light pink flowers that have a dark interior. The plant grows in zones 5-10.
It can grow in zones 5-10 and reach a height of 3 feet. This plant can survive in full sun, making it excellent for the summer period. It produces red and pink flowers. This flower has a distinctive dark spot in the petals that make it irresistible.
It is a beautiful flower with a beautiful colour mix of purple, red and light violet. The purple colour is dominant, and the plant can grow approximately 4 feet. The plant can perform well in zones 3-10.
When to Plant Gladiolus
Most gladiolus plants perform well in warm climates. Wait until frost is gone so you can start planting your gladiolus bulbs. Your soil should be at least 13o C when sowing.
For continuous blooms, it is advisable to plant your bulbs in intervals of 10 days. Continue planting up to early summer, but if you have small planting space, you can grow in these intervals until when your area gets full.
How to Plant Gladiolus
When looking into how to plant gladiolus bulbs, there are a few things to consider:
- Soil drainage;
- Garden preparation;
- Size of the bulb;
- And the planting time.
You can use fertilizers or organic manure to sow your bulbs. Your soil should drain well as wet areas are not friendly to your bulb. Additionally, your soil should be loose before putting your bulb in the ground. Here is how you plant your gladiolus:
- Look for large gladiolus bulbs for sale to have large flowers in your bloom
- Make 4 inches holes in your garden with 6-8 inches spacing. Mix your fertilizer or manure with the soil in the hole.
- Plant your bulbs in the hole with the open end up. Cover the bulb and press the soil gently. Water regularly to avoid drying and not too much to prevent rotting.
TIP: If you are mixing your flowers with other plants, plant them in large groups to make them look stunning. If grown for flower cut, using rows make it easy when you want to fetch your flowers.
Where to Plant Gladiolus
Gladiolus plants can be planted in jars or gardens. To determine how deep to plant gladiolus bulbs, consider their size. When small sizes are grown in the same depth as the large ones, they can take too long to bloom
The best gladiolus bulb sale offers the healthiest products. Shop with us and discover plenty of gladioli for your gardening.
Gladiolus Flower Colours
Gladiolus flowers certainly have an inexhaustible colour variety that makes every bouquet unique. Some of the most popular include purple, cream, hot pink, garnet red, yellow, white, coral, green, and many more. Visit our store online and look at the available gladiolus for sale.
Buy gladiolus bulbs from us and enjoy shopping at incredible prices. Do not forget to look at our special offers and spend less on your shopping basket!