- -5%Sku: 1004358Gladiolus Botanic Nanus Mixture15 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -25%Sku: 1004364Gladiolus Large-Flowering Collection20 bulbs/corms in package€7,95 €5,96
- -5%Sku: 1004058Gladiolus BLACK SEA10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004191Gladiolus PURPLE FLORA10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004034Gladiolus PASSOS10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004063Gladiolus EVERGREEN10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004270Gladiolus CREAM PERFECTION10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004278Gladiolus ALEX.THE GREAT10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004280Gladiolus BUGGY10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004318Gladiolus NOVA LUX10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004004Gladiolus callianthus Murielae10 bulbs/corms in package€2,95 €2,80
- -5%Sku: 1004266Gladiolus AMBER MISTIQUE10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
- -5%Sku: 1004284Gladiolus FIORENTINA10 bulbs/corms in package€3,95 €3,75
What’s in for your summer bouquet? It has to be gladiolus flower cuts that have incredibly beautiful flowers. They have different colours you can have, and you can choose to mix them for a more striking presentation.
Gladioli are perennial cormous plants that are native to South Africa, Asia, tropical Africa, and Mediterranean Europe. These plants have a sword-like shape of their leaves and produce large flowers. They can bloom up to 12 times. Some of the most common types of gladiolus flower plants include:
This is a miniature type of gladiolus plant. It has a 2 feet height and light pink flowers that have a dark interior. The plant grows in zones 5-10.
It can grow in zones 5-10 and reach a height of 3 feet. This plant can survive in full sun, making it excellent for the summer period. It produces red and pink flowers. This flower has a distinctive dark spot in the petals that make it irresistible.
It is a beautiful flower with a beautiful colour mix of purple, red and light violet. The purple colour is dominant, and the plant can grow approximately 4 feet. The plant can perform well in zones 3-10.
When to Plant Gladiolus
Most gladiolus plants perform well in warm climates. Wait until frost is gone so you can start planting your gladiolus bulbs. Your soil should be at least 13o C when sowing.
For continuous blooms, it is advisable to plant your bulbs in intervals of 10 days. Continue planting up to early summer, but if you have small planting space, you can grow in these intervals until when your area gets full.
How to Plant Gladiolus
When looking into how to plant gladiolus bulbs, there are a few things to consider:
- Soil drainage;
- Garden preparation;
- Size of the bulb;
- And the planting time.
You can use fertilizers or organic manure to sow your bulbs. Your soil should drain well as wet areas are not friendly to your bulb. Additionally, your soil should be loose before putting your bulb in the ground. Here is how you plant your gladiolus:
- Look for large gladiolus bulbs for sale to have large flowers in your bloom
- Make 4 inches holes in your garden with 6-8 inches spacing. Mix your fertilizer or manure with the soil in the hole.
- Plant your bulbs in the hole with the open end up. Cover the bulb and press the soil gently. Water regularly to avoid drying and not too much to prevent rotting.
TIP: If you are mixing your flowers with other plants, plant them in large groups to make them look stunning. If grown for flower cut, using rows make it easy when you want to fetch your flowers.
Where to Plant Gladiolus
Gladiolus plants can be planted in jars or gardens. To determine how deep to plant gladiolus bulbs, consider their size. When small sizes are grown in the same depth as the large ones, they can take too long to bloom
The best gladiolus bulb sale offers the healthiest products. Shop with us and discover plenty of gladioli for your gardening.
Gladiolus Flower Colours
Gladiolus flowers certainly have an inexhaustible colour variety that makes every bouquet unique. Some of the most popular include purple, cream, hot pink, garnet red, yellow, white, coral, green, and many more. Visit our store online and look at the available gladiolus for sale.
Buy gladiolus bulbs from us and enjoy shopping at incredible prices. Do not forget to look at our special offers and spend less on your shopping basket!