- Get a discount
- -5%Buy 2 For €2,66 Each
- -10%Buy 5 For €2,52 Each
- -15%Buy 10 For €2,38 Each
We cooperate with "Proven Suppliers from Holland". You will get excellent plants at the best price.
We deliver your orders across Europe as quickly as possible to ensure that your bulbs and plants arrive in top condition.
The best plants sell very quickly, so hurry up to order and get exclusive varieties first.
Product Description ( Babiana stricta )
Babiana Stricta is a relative of freesia, saffron and iris. It has a pleasant, delicate and distinctive scent. It reaches a height of 25cm. It is quite a compact plant, its leaves are similar to those of the gladiolus, the only difference being that the babiana leaves are covered with soft fuzz. The flowers of this plant are very colourful, mainly purple or magenta.
It can be propagated by tubers as well as seeds. The bulbs of this plant are stored in peat at +5°C +10°C in a dry, dark room. Plant in well-drained soil in April or May at a depth of up to 7 cm and a distance of not less than 10 cm.
Flowering begins when the time of year is right, in August or early September, and lasts for three to four weeks. Regular watering is required during the growing season, but avoid stagnant moisture and overwatering.
In nature, Stricta babiana grows in the Cape Mountains, mostly on stony, sunny slopes. It looks very pretty planted as a group against a backdrop of coniferous shrubs and rocks.
Product Details ( Babiana stricta )
|Plant Height||20-30 cm|
How to Plant ( Babiana stricta )
Guide and tips for planting bulbs and perennials
- Choose quality bulbs and plants in our online store
- Choose the right place in your garden
- Choose the right time to plant
- Plant bulbs and perennials deep enough
- Position flowering bulbs with the top facing up
- Give them good soil and fertilizer
- Water them well
- Enjoy the bloom
Delivery ( Babiana stricta )
- Orders placed before March 21 will ship in late March/early April.
- Orders placed after March 21 will ship within 10 business days.
- We will continue to ship through May 15.