Hyacinths🌷 (Bulbs, Seeds and Tubers)
Hyacinth flower is a beautiful spring-blooming bulbous plant from the Asparagaceae family. From Ancient Greek, the name is translated as “rain flower” since it blooms with the first spring rains. All species can be divided into three main categories, which grow mainly in Mediterranean countries:
- The Oriental Hyacinth is the most famous and widespread species. It grows wild in Dalmatia, Greece and the Middle East. The hyacinth bulb has a thin peduncle, and flowers of different colours and aroma.
- The Hyacinth Litvinova is a perennial plant that originally grows in the eastern regions of Iran and Turkmenistan. The flower is extraordinarily beautiful with blue, violet, and green colours that dominate.
- The Transcaspian Hyacinth usually has rather high stems and two peduncles. The colour of the flower is always light blue.
Whatever type you will choose, read the basic recommendations on how to cultivate this flower, since it requires special care.
How to Choose Hyacinth Bulbs
To get a beautiful flower in the future, hyacinth bulbs should be purchased only in specialized stores like Dutch-bulbs.com. If you select bulbs yourself, you need to make sure they are not damaged or diseased. A healthy plant will only grow if the bulb is elastic and smooth. The size does not always indicate the quality of the bulb. However, if its diameter is within 5 cm, this is a good indicator of quality. The best time to buy bulbs is at the end of summer.
Meanwhile, you don’t risk anything in your purchase if you order indoor hyacinth bulbs for sale in our store. We provide our customers with a 100% money-back guarantee.
How to Plant Hyacinth Bulbs Indoors
This is primarily a garden plant, so you need to recreate its natural conditions as much as possible. This task is not an easy one, but even a novice florist can cope with it. So, if you want to grow hyacinth bulbs indoors, you need to create the following conditions:
- Location and lighting: The best option is south and south-east windows. Hyacinths in pots need a lot of sunlight, at least 15 hours a day.
- Temperature: A sharp change in the temperature negatively affects the flower. The most suitable temperature for the comfortable growth of the flower is 20-22 degrees.
- Watering and humidity: This plant needs regular and careful watering.
The Best Varieties of Indoor Hyacinth Bulbs
If you want to plant indoor hyacinth bulbs, this list will help you select the best potted hyacinth:
- Purple Sensation
- Pink Pearl
- Gipsy Queen
Whatever variety you will choose, we encourage you to check the special offers. Perhaps, you will find the desired hyacinth bulb on sale.
Take Care of Hyacinth Flower Bulbs after Blooming
After flowering, the most important thing for the hyacinth flower bulbs is the correct temperature regime. When the flower has faded, it’s time to take care of the plant. The peduncle and leaves should be cut and the bulb dugout. This should typically happen in June. The bulb must be carefully examined if it needs disinfection. After, change the temperature regime from 30 to 17 degrees, and store giant hyacinth bulbs until autumn.
Special Offers: Hyacinth Bulbs for Sale
If you are wondering where to buy hyacinth, Dutch-bulbs.com is the best option. If you want to purchase hyacinth bulbs for sale, do not hesitate to check our “On Sale” section. There is always a wide selection of hyacinth flower bulbs at affordable or even wholesale prices.